Look at the following slides and review the use of gerunds and infinitives.
Read the sentence. Choose either a gerund or infinitive to complete the sentence. Remember, there may be times when both are correct.
- Cindy wants (go) ________________ to university next year.
- My wife can’t stand (sleep) ____________ in a room with the windows closed.
- Would you like (go) ____________ to my parent’s house for lunch?
- I want (learn) __________ a new language for my trip to Europe.
- Jim likes (live) ____________ in Canada.
- I need (practice) ___________ riding my bike more. I’m terrible!