14. Sam went to bed early because he was _______. It was an _______ day.
Question 15 of 60
A: “I feel horrible.”
B: “That’s too bad. Maybe you __ to take some aspirin.”
Question 16 of 60
16. Have you ______ to the museum?
Question 17 of 60
17. Sera has been working here ___about the last two years.
Question 18 of 60
18. The fare includes airport tax, ____ it?
Question 19 of 60
19. Yesterday, it was __ rainy day that I stayed home the entire day!
Question 20 of 60
20. I’m surprised you’re okay. If somebody said that to me, ______ really angry.
Question 21 of 60
Read the question and choose the best response.
1. Do you know Cindy?
Question 22 of 60
2. Can you hear me?
Question 23 of 60
3. Where do you come from?
Question 24 of 60
4. How do I get there?
Question 25 of 60
5. What’s the weather like?
Question 26 of 60
6. Would you like coffee or tea?
Question 27 of 60
7. Where did you go on vacation?
Question 28 of 60
8. What’s your job like?
Question 29 of 60
A:“Can I take your order?”
B: “Not yet, __ .”
Question 30 of 60
10. Would you like to see the film, Space 2020?
Question 31 of 60
11. I’m looking for a good restaurant to try.
Question 32 of 60
12. May I help you?
Question 33 of 60
13. Why did Sammy go to bed early?
Question 34 of 60
14. Do you like your new teacher?
Question 35 of 60
15. Anything else for you today?
Question 36 of 60
16. Are there any flights for tomorrow?
Question 37 of 60
17. How long have you been studying here?
Question 38 of 60
18. What did you use to do as a child?
Question 39 of 60
19. I thought Sue was planning to get married.
Question 40 of 60
20. Were you able to fix your computer?
Question 41 of 60
Read the following paragraph about travel. Then, answer questions 1-2 below.
There are different ways to travel and visit new places. One way is to go by yourself, with your family or friends. Another way is to travel in a tour group with other people and a tour leader, or guide. There are advantages and disadvantages to both modes of travel. Traveling alone gives you the freedom to go to different places when you want to, but you often don’t know about the different sights you are seeing. When you travel in a tour group, you get to see places and learn about them from a guide, but you have to follow a set schedule.
1. What is the main topic of this article?
Question 42 of 60
2. What is the best meaning of the word modes?
Question 43 of 60
Read the following paragraph about different types of water. Then answer questions 3-5 below.
In New York, the tap water is safe to drink and won’t make you sick. Even so, many New Yorkers spend a lot of money buying bottled water. They think that it is healthier and tastes better than the free water that comes out of the faucet. Researchers from all over the world came to New York City to see if New Yorkers could taste the difference between tap water and bottled water. The researchers gave bottled water and tap water to New Yorkers without telling them which was which. When asked to choose which tasted better, most people preferred tap water. The researchers concluded that New Yorkers were spending too much money on bottled water because they really preferred tap water. The people of New York couldn’t believe the results of the test.
3. Where was the research conducted?
Question 44 of 60
4. Which is more expensive – tap water or bottled water?
Question 45 of 60
5. What did the New Yorkers think about the results of the test?
Question 46 of 60
Read the following article about helping other people. Then answer questions 6-10 below.
There is a concept called random ‘acts of kindness’. It refers to times when people unexpectedly help one another. The help can be given to a person in many different ways. A random act can be as simple as giving someone a few cents if they don’t have the right change for the bus or subway. Another type of random act could be mowing a lawn for an elderly couple who cannot do it by themselves, or conducting some other kind of neighbourly act. These acts of kindness are random because people offer to do them without waiting for another person to ask. A true act of kindness doesn’t cost the receiver anything, either. In the hectic modern society we live in, it is easy to ignore other people who may be struggling every day. Random acts of kindness are made even more special, because they are so rare.
6. Random acts of kindness are _______________.
Question 47 of 60
7. What is the main idea of this article?
Question 48 of 60
8. What is an example of a random act of kindness?
Question 49 of 60
9. A true act of kindness …
Question 50 of 60
10. According to the passage, how often do acts of kindness happen in modern society?
Question 51 of 60
Listen to the conversation. Choose the best answer to each question.
1. What is the woman’s name?
Question 52 of 60
2. What does the man do?
Question 53 of 60
3. What does the woman do?
Question 54 of 60
4. What is the man doing now?
Question 55 of 60
5. How many copies does the woman need?
Question 56 of 60
6. What will the man probably do?
Question 57 of 60
7. What are the man and woman planning to do?
Question 58 of 60
8. Who likes scary movies?
Question 59 of 60
9. What type of movie does the woman suggest watching?
Question 60 of 60
10. Where is the conversation probably taking place?